Monday, December 8, 2008

School Update

They Teach Too...
It's been a while since I have updated you all on our school adventure. Things are still going well. I can't believe we are half way through the school year and their progress is impressive.

Tori has completed the Primer and will start Alpha Math after Christmas Break. She also has completed her PreK handwriting book and will start the Kindergarten Book as well. Tori also has mastered her letter sounds and is now reading up to thirty flash card words and 2 "Dick and Jane" books. We are very proud of Tori and she is very excited about reading chapter books like Hope.

Hope has completed Alpha and will move on to Beta in her Math. She is half way through her English book, and will start to learn cursive handwriting in a third grade book. Hope is also enjoying chapter books such as Beverly Clearys "Ramona the Pest". Though she does stumble over some of the words her comprehension is very good, it's amusing to watch her laugh and get excited over something 'Ramona' did.

Hope and Tori both are excited about learning and enjoy their school time very much. They also have taken a liking to the "big sister" role with Addi. They are quite sure they can teach her to walk and talk. Hope stands Addi up to her push toy and encourages her to walk- then claps and claps as she goes. To which of course she does again and again, Addi tires after about the third go and crawls off to go explore. (That's right about the time I got out the video camera. You got to love the curious George Jammie's that won't stay on.) I think Hope likens it to Her learning to ride a bike this year. Hope also tries to help Tori with her flash cards and sounding out words. Tori usually checks with mom to make sure Hope is telling her right.  Then Tori tries to help Hope in her math by saying the answers before Hope does. (they are not always right- but she tries) They all have grown so much, I am trying to enjoy it, I know they won't stay little long.
PS- after uploading this video, having upgraded our Internet connection... this rocks! Thanks honey!

No comments: