Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week Three


Well it is certainly starting to feel more routine. I am glad. The girls are still enjoying it. But now they are starting to ask if it is time for a break or not. Addi seems to be settling down since she is now crawling and sitting up on her own. This helps a lot with the schedule.

Hope is learing the writing process in English. She is also mastering her facts in Math. I can see such a change in her reading skills here lately as well. She enjoys it very much and for that Joe and I both are glad and try to encourage it as much as possible. 

Miss Tori has been introduced to addition and place value. That little booger is just too smart! I have a hard time keeping her busy. Hope has notcied Tori is "ahead" in her math book and has decided that she needs to pick up the pace a bit. I suppose a little competition never hurt. However, I am not encouraging it. Just viewing it at a distance.

We've taken to bike riding. We went to Austin and bought a trailer for Addi and Tori to ride in. Joe bought me a bike as well. I haven't been on one since we've been married. Not to worry though; I didn't forget. The weather has been beautiful. Up until Joe left yesterday we were riding two and three times a day. Hope has a bit of a sniffle and the weather is no longer in the 90's so I'm not taking her out just yet. Sounds odd, but when you go from 109, to 69 it still feels cool.

Grandma and Grandpa Garrett are supposed to come for a visit here this week. The girls are very excited about that. We are planning our first field trip of the year so they can join us. We are going to a place a little north of here where they have some fossilized dinosaur footprints in a river bed. I think we'll also check out Grandbury while we are at it.

We also no longer have Penelope the dog. We gave her to a lady at Joe's work who needed a playmate for her dog "Hershey". Now she lives indoors and shares Hershey's chair at night. A very happy ending for us!

1 comment:

Lost in FWA said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear how things are going. Have lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa!
Awww...already got rid of the dog, huh? LOL! Maybe some fish this time instead? =)
-Aunt Laura-