A very girly and fun Christmas party indeed....
With a gingerbread theme, and adorned in completely hideous Christmas socks (that I managed to forget to take a picture of); we ate cookies, and fudge, and treats, until we couldn't fit anymore in. Miss Sarah brought all kinds of yummy goodies. I tried not to feel bad that I 'cheated' and used the pre -done cookies from the freezer section. The girls didn't seem to notice. Everything looked and tasted oh so good.
Then we built a foam gingerbread house with lots and lots and lots of stickers. This entertained the girl's for quite some time. Sarah and I spent the first ten minutes trying to figure it out. They completely needed an 'a', 'b', 'c'... or something. You had to turn each piece like a puzzle until they all fit just so. But putting on the stickers was quite fun, and being each came with 100, it took a long little while. We sang a few Christmas carols while we put on all the stickers. With that many stickers, and the girls being a few verses shy on pretty much all the songs "Jingle Bells" seemed to ring continuously for a bit.
After our little photo shoot with the houses that Hope, Tori, Addi, Emma, Layna, and Elise built, we exchanged our gifts. What's a Christmas party without something to unwrap?
Then we followed up presents with the "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", and "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Clause", and "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer". We tried to squeeze in a few conversations and a little giggling along the way. I think all in all they had a very memorable 'Home-school Christmas Party.' Well, I had fun anyway. Next time, I'm getting a gingerbread plate and snow shaker cup too! I'm sure the cookies would have been even tastier somehow. *giggle* *giggle*

1 comment:
Had tons of fun! We need to get on the computer and have a lesson in photo collages....for me! =)
Post a Comment