the response I've heard every day this week, when I say "it's time for school." The girls are so excited I think they are bouncing in their sleep. Each morning they run down stairs and turn the tree on to see if there are any more presents there. Today, much to their surprise and delight there were. "Mom! Did you wrap more presents?" For those of you who saw Joe's Face Book post last night you will understand why I said, "no, I most certainly did not."
"How many more days? When are we opening presents? Is it your birthday yet? Will Aunt Jeni be here tomorrow? When are Moriah and Gracie going to get here?" *bouncing* *giggling* I think if it doesn't get here soon, I'm going to have to start passing out paper bags.
Uncle Noah and Aunt Jeni will be stopping by on their way north to see Grandpa and Grandma Garrett on Saturday. I'm thinking maybe we can squeeze a game or two of Catan out of them. The girls were sorely disappointed to learn Frankie would not be joining them.
Friday is our much anticipated Christmas School Party. We are going with a gingerbread theme. I've never actually made gingerbread men before, and I'm not all that sure I want to attempt it now. So perhaps we'll leave the gingerbread men for the decorations and leave the variety to the treats. It's cookies, how can you go wrong? I'm just thrilled we are here and have such an opportunity for the girls to enjoy.
1:00, Friday, after lunch... 6 girls, 2 moms, Christmas cheer, and way too much sugar. Stay tuned.
Addi and the girls staying busy today.

2 comments:
sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish we could join you!!
Frankie said he wouldn't mind coming, but he's not a huge fan of cold weather, seeing as how he's from Australia.
Post a Comment