Friday, January 7, 2011
Rolling in the New Year
My family came down just before New Years. There were fourteen of us all together. Noah and Jeni were even up from sunny Florida to join in. John and Laura hadn't been to our house since we lived in Minnesota eight years ago. The girl's were sure excited to have so many "sleep overs" together. Though.... they didn't catch on to the sleep part of it too well.
We took them all to the Space and Rocket Center one day. You know, I've been there three times now, and I'm pretty sure it's enough. So if anyone else wants to come for a visit and go there, I think I'll stay here and hold down the fort.
I made a turkey and ham on New Years eve. We played games, and sat around just visiting. Joe built a few fires from the nice wet wood we ordered. Lets just say it'll be even better next year??
All in all it was a good time. Everyone is home, safe and sound, and settling into regular routines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment