Friday, October 30, 2009

October 30th

This month has absolutely flown by. Things are going great. Hope has her first class recital tomorrow and a special music class on Opera afterwards. She's pretty excited about that. I believe she will be playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

We are sticking to our routine, trying to hang in there. The girl's are doing well, but I think they do get a little bored at times. I'm looking forward to our move, we'll be able to incorporate field trips! Huntsville has a Children's Museum, Depot, Space Museum, and a 1918 town. I'm pretty thrilled about that. I foresee a membership.... Alabama's home school laws are a bit more difficult than I had originally counted on. I'm set up with my records and portfolios, but they also require an "umbrella program". You have the option of signing up with a private school, church, or a home school association. Considering our connections are limited at this point, it could prove to be a lot of work.

And yet another new tool! I purchased this one simply because I heard, "Mom what's this word?" and "what does that mean" one too many times. It's called the Franklin Talking Dictionary. You can enter your spelling words, spell check, look up definitions, play word games, and my personal favorite: word pronunciation. Love it! I ended up purchasing another one for Tori, that way they both have one for reading time. It's also come in handy for their text books as well. I really like the idea of them looking it up for themselves




Everyone stay safe tomorrow and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome tool! I'll have to look into it!