Friday, February 5, 2010

Huntsville. Alabama

It's been a long while since I've updated our blog. There is a lot to catch up on. We sold our house in Texas and headed East to Alabama on December 16th. We passed over the Mississippi River, and stopped for a quick view. A bit chilly, but exciting just the same.
We arrived in Huntsville and spent our first night in our apartment on the 18th. We unpacked, and settled in as quickly as we could to spend Christmas week with Grandma and Grandpa Garrett. We were able to see Uncle John and Aunt Laura and their girls, as well as Aunt Jeni and newly added Uncle Noah. The girls also got to play in the snow with daddy and Uncle Noah. They cried when they came inside, they were so cold, their little hands hurt. Being in Texas for four years, we were less than prepared for the cold. I'll have to add pictures of that later, as they are on Grandpa's computer.

We came back for the New Year and have spent the last month or so trying to settle in and get more acquainted with the area. From diver's license, car registrations, library cards, doctors, music teachers, home school associations; it certainly hasn't been hard to stay busy. We've been taking weekend afternoons for driving around associating ourselves with the area. Alabama, is very pretty. The mountains, trees, lakes, and rivers all make for beautiful scenery. I don't think it's going to be hard to like it here at all. We are looking forward to the spring to see everything bloomed and green again. It is very much a contrast to Texas.

We've settled into a routine finally. It's almost starting to feel like we live here. The apartment gives it a feeling of visiting somewhere. I felt like we were staying at one of our Bluegreen Resorts for the longest time. The girls don't seem to notice, they find apartment life exciting somehow. I think I myself am beginning to regret the year lease we signed. But so far, finding a house looks to be quite a head ache. The girls are set, they need a "2 story house, with stairs" Because: "it's so romantic". We may have to disappoint them on that one.

Perhaps our most exciting news at this point is concerning a little family we have met. After being given our names and number by a local pastor they called invited us to dinner. Since then, we've gone out to lunch, the mall, had several play dates, and met for dinner. They have been married one month longer than us. They have three girls 6 and 4. They also home school and live about 35 minutes away. Hope and Tori are beside themselves with excitement. I can hardly believe it myself. We are very happy to have met them and consider them an answered prayer.

We are now getting ready to celebrate Addi's birthday and Hope's. We've decided to have a party at Grandma and Grandpa's in Indiana. We've spent so many birthday's all alone, we are happy for the opportunity to share the celebration. Addi will be turning 2 and Hope will be 9. Time flies so quickly. I'm loosing my babies!

Hope everyone is doing well. As exciting as this all is (I'm sure). We'll tell you all about the party next time!

2 comments:

Anna May said...

glad to see an update and know that things are going well. I think its very exciting that you have met Sarah. I've been emailing her for about a year now but have not had the chance to meet her yet. Glad all is well!

Lost in FWA said...

We really enjoyed getting to have you all over for Christmas! It sure had been a long while. Looking forward to the birthday party next week...it's sure to be sweet...heehee! ;o)

Glad to hear your getting more settled in...moving like that is a huge undertaking! Especially happy you have found a friend so quickly!! God is good! =)

-Laura-