Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Disney World - 1st Trip 2011

We made our very first ever family visit to Disney World. Hands down, best experiences and memories ever! We are so glad we went. Each day running into favorite Disney characters, shows, and enjoying the rides, brought such memorable expressions and excitement we will never forget.

Addi was able to see the Toy Story characters Buzz, Woody, and Jesse, who she absolutely loves, and of course all of the princess's. Addi made it even more enjoyable with her being at the age where everything is "real". Joe got his picture taken with Darth Vader, and the Incredible's, and I saw none other than, Miss Mary Poppins herself! As soon as Addi saw Darth Vader, (a.k.a. Dar Aider) she wouldn't let us do anything else. "I wanna go say hello!..." I think that may have had something to do with her seeing some of the movies during Christmas break and they seem to have made a 'very interesting' impact upon her. For some time now, she occasionally reminds us, "dar aider died." He even ended up in her bedtime prayers, "...and mommy, and daddy, and hope, and towi, and mommy, and daddy.... dar aider died. Amen". So up in line we went, it was cool. Darth even left a glove print on our book. Perhaps this gave Addi a bit of 'closure' somehow. Joe was a tad disappointed Chewbacca wasn't there, but you did get to stand under an 'Emperial Walker' statue. That was sweet.

We left passing a boy about 7 or 8 he said, "you know they are the bad guys right?" 
Me:    "but they weren't always, and Darth Vader becomes a good guy again." 
Boy:   "huh?" 
Me:    " yeah, his son saves him." 
Boy:   " Who's that?" 
Me:    "uh... Luke Skywalker?" (stupid clone wars. -how dare he make me feel so old.)

Hope and Tori enjoyed the characters as well, but their favorite things were the rides. They loved the "Big Thunder Mountain" roller coaster, riding it no less than a dozen times. Coming in with a close second was Addi's favorite, "the Barnstormer". She'd raise her little hands in the air and squeal. I couldn't help laughing at her the whole way through. I'm sorry to have to tell you even if you go on this ride or have been, it wasn't and won't be nearly as much fun without Addi. 

Hope decided she wasn't quite ready for for upside down rides, but I'm sure she'll probably tackle them on the next visit. Tori rode any ride her height would allow her to go on. (that's my girl!) She was my "Space Mountain" partner. So at least I know, if Hope never ends up being ready for the upside down rides, as soon as Tori reaches 48 inches, it's a go.

We enjoyed all the shows, and parades, my favorite was a kids show in Epcot with "Nemo's" Crush character. I still don't know how they did that. ....."duuude." The girl's really liked "Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor". But probably one of the neatest shows we saw was "Philmar Magic". Though, the light show we saw just before the fireworks on the castle was really cool too. 

Supposedly we went during off season. I decided then and there I would never go at any other time. Some rides were still a 35-45 minute wait and we would have never got to them if it hadn't been for the fast pass system. I also think no less than a 4 day stay is a must. 5 is best. 1 day at each park and 2 at Magic Kingdom. 

Other than Joe and the kids getting sick the last day we were there and having to leave a day early and not see Animal Kingdom, we have no regrets. Hopefully our first visit won't be our last, and there will be even more fun things to see and do on the next round. 

If you haven't done it, you should do it, and if you have kids, you should do it now. End of story.
  

7 comments:

Anna May said...

ha ha...i totally know what you mean about the Clone Wars...kids dont even know the real story anymore.

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm really hoping to go one day soon. Before the kids get to old.

JoeBoy said...

That

JoeBoy said...

Was

JoeBoy said...

Totally

JoeBoy said...

Awesome!

JoeBoy said...

Duuuuuuude!!!

~AnnaB~ said...

Joe.
1 word: Procrastination.

Take the garbage out.

-so not even funny.